sabato 1 dicembre 2012

Review: Firelight

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

A hidden truth.

Mortal enemies.

Doomed love.


Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.
Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.
Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.
Pages: 340
Price Hardcover: $9.98
Price Paper-back: $4.00
Price E-book: $ 8.00

I have to admit I never have read a book about dragons and ingeneral I don't know much about these beautiful and mysterious creautures, so I was really excited to read this book. Usually I read books about witches and vampires, so I was also very interested to read something new!
And I have to say this book is really intriging! I love the world  that is presented in this novel! It starts with Jacinda, the prtagonist, who gets in trouble quite often. She wants to be more free bot can't due to the fact that she is the ONLY fire-breathing dragon in her tribe ( FYI there are all different types of dragons, who have different powers), so she is very controlled by the tribe. But after this last stunt, the tribe wants to punish her severly, so her mom decides to leave and go to the human world.
The book is about how she deals with these new changes,fitting in and of course forbidden love...
I really liked Jacinda and even thought she is a dragon, I can really relate to her and I think anybody could. You would think that since she is a dragon she would be totally dfferent from a normal teenage girl, but I have to say she has the same problems as any of us teens. I love how the author describes how hard it is for her to fit in, dealing with bullying and P.E.. And I totally fell in love with Will: he is so mysterious but really romantic and sweet.
I really advice this book to everybody!! You will really fall in love with the Drakis!!
xo - Mary Lynnette
Vote : *****/5

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...